A Review: Adventure Club


There have been whispers between my mom friends and I around the Adventure ClubS App. Do you have it? Did you see the cool adventure they did last week? That upcoming adventure with the books looks pretty cool right? But who has actually gone on an adventure? And what are the other moms like? AND is it really as cool as it looks?

My Experience:

So, I took the dive. I went on an adventure, and you know what? My little boy LOVED it! Seriously, I couldn’t believe how he just fitted in seamlessly with the other kids! It made my mommy heart flutter with all sorts of emotions (you know, ranging from ‘That’s so effing adorable, to wait! Stop! Don’t grow up so fast! You still need me – remember?)

The adventure we went on was one hosted by Leafy Greens Café and Farm in Muldersdrift. So first up, the mom’s are all so amazing. They are welcoming and friendly and it’s just a really great environment. Kids are having meltdowns (because that’s #ToddlerLife right there) and the attitudes are just like, ‘you know what, at least I’m in a beautiful setting while this is happening’.

On our adventure we picked up a basket (though you’re encouraged to bring your own – whoops! #MomBrain), and set forth up and down the veggies and plants and picked whatever we liked. My little tot was all too independent (seriously, can we PLEASE just freeze time) and marched after the other children, watching as they weaved in and out of the vegetables picking what they wanted and often calling out what they had picked. This is incredible because I didn’t even know you got purple spinach (I was quickly corrected by one of the little girls on the adventure), but honestly – this is definitely the kind of thing I want my little monster to know. So best you believe that we will be back for this adventure.


In between walking around the farm and picking some veggies, we stopped at the chicken coop to see if they had laid any eggs that we could steal, but alas, there were none. But this also shows exactly what kind of farm Leafy Greens really is. The chickens lay their eggs at their own pace and roam around a large pen (and sometimes outside the pen), living a very relaxed old-school farm life.

To end the adventure off we headed back to the Leafy Greens Café where the kids were encouraged and allowed to make some Cranberry cookies, mixing the ingredients (mostly) by themselves. So just imagine my heart when my 13 month old toddler lined up (on his own!) with the other children at the table to get his bake on. (He mostly wanted to eat the vanilla essence bottle – but that’s a story for another day).

The mixed product was whisked away and freshly baked Cranberry cookies were brought out – and despite (I’m a critic – what can I say) them being vegan, they were DELICIOUS.

The end result? My son loved it! And pretty much slept the whole way home (because walking around on a farm is exhausting work).

So what is Adventure Club?

In essence Adventure Clubs are communities of family’s who simply enjoy EPIC childhood experiences created for parents to enjoy with their children (We’re making memories with our little humans everyday).

It’s pretty easy actually – parents connect on the Adventure club app to search, discover or even create local experiences that they want to share and enjoy with their kids. There’s pretty much something for every family on the app – from baking adventures to hiking adventures – these events are designed with specific age groups in mind meaning that every family (no matter the dynamic) can participate. So Adventure club can be broken into 3 easy steps:

1)      Go to your App store and download the Adventure ClubS App

2)      Set your location and load your card details into the App

3)      Start searching and booking your local adventures

The Give-Away

Adventure club have offered me a beautiful adventure to give-away to one lucky reader (Yay!) The Adventure is for a Total Value of R300.00 in Durban, Joburg OR Cape Town.

How to enter:


1.       Share the post

2.       Comment with which adventure you would love to sign up for.

3.       Bonus entry for following The Adventure ClubS Instagram account, following my Instagram account (@erinlucks) and commenting on my post with which adventure you’d love to sign up for.

4.       Winner will be announced via social media on the 28th December 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Husband

A Review: The Fat Mermaid

A Review: Kidz Fun House