A Review: Spoilt Inc



Mom Life can be pretty hectic with very little (read zero) downtime. This means that selfcare often goes out the window, which is kind of crappy because you can’t pour from an empty cup – ya know what I mean?

So I decided to get my nails done (treat yourself!), but I literally only had an hour to spare. I popped into Spoilt Inc and boy – did they deliver! In one hour I got a gelish mani and pedi, which is kind-of a big feat. And when you’re running after a little person every hour counts.

The ladies were absolutely lovely and completely understood what I wanted. I don’t like to get tips because a) I have a fear of stabbing my child with my nails whilst changing his nappy and b) for the first few days I’m completely useless with zips – seriously, I can never get the zip of my jeans up (yes, I’ve picked up weight, but that’s not the reason and totally besides the point and deserves an entire post on its own). Anyway, I digress: The point (or not really – get it?) is that I asked for plain gelish on my actual nails (which I keep pretty short), so I went for a pretty but practical vibe. So most places usually either make the gelish too thick, or they insist on tips, etc etc etc, but Spoilt Inc completely listened to me and nailed it (and the puns just keep on coming).


And of course I chose a bright pink colour just to scream ‘Hello Summer nails’ (there’s actually a really funny story behind this slogan/saying – but again, for another post entirely) and contrast with my very white, very pasty legs (what can I say – genetics).

Boss Babes


Spoilt Inc is owned by the beautiful partners Marci Rodrigues and Monique Pappas. Seriously, these ladies are gorg, which just served to remind me how little selfcare I’ve been giving myself (whoops).

The two of them partnered three years ago after both having put in their respective hours in the industry, creating Spoilt Inc.

Q: Spoilt Inc – where did the name come from?

A: (MR) I saw the name overseas and just loved it. I knew that If I ever opened something that that’s what I’d call it.

Q: What made the two of you brave the storms of business and go out on your own?

A: (MR) I used to be a partner in a day spa a few years ago, but after having children I sold out and decided to stay at home a bit. But, after a while I started to get into it again and then approached Monique as a partner. We moved from a place in Bedfordview, to working from home, to our new residence at The Fat Mermaid.

Q: What has been the biggest challenges for you as women in business in a competitive industry?

A: (MP) Definitely keeping up with trends

     (MR) And keeping your head above water

     (MP) We get our clients via word of mouth and we’ve only just started utilizing social media as a     marketing platform

Q: What has been the most challenging situation the two of you have found yourselves in?

A: (MP) Leaving our place in Bedfordview to work from home – going from a business environment working with people, to it suddenly just being the two of us. It landed up working out perfectly, but we started to outgrow our space and now find ourselves here (points to the space in the Fat Mermaid).

Q: Being two females together in partnership in your business, how do you manage the conflict between you two?

A: (MR) We are completely different personalities and complement each other 100% - we’ve never had a fallout. We have the same vision and idea, but where one lacks the other definitely compensates.

Q:  Are your spouses supportive of your venture?

A: (MR) They are definitely supportive, but for me it’s been a bit more challenging with my kids, but overall they are very supportive. If I can’t get somewhere because I’m stuck with my kids then Mon fills in for me and vice versa.

Q: What has been your biggest success and challenge within your treatments and products:

A: (MR) The biggest success for us has been the eyelashes and microblading.

     (MP) and our biggest challenge is definitely the nail bar side.

The Deets:

The atmosphere is chic and beautiful with chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Spoilt Inc screams luxury as you walk through the doors, with the owners themselves greeting you and always being present.

Find it at The Fat Mermaid: 4 Jasmine Road, Bedforview.

Their cost is in line with most other spas and salons, although they are currently running a special whereby if you bring a friend for a gelish pedi, both of you will receive a gelish mani for free (Whaaat?! I love me a good deal).  
Find them on social media @SpoiltInc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Husband

A Review: The Fat Mermaid

A Review: Kidz Fun House